Friday, November 10, 2006

I Was a Creep


Henry Flynt & Nova'Billy: I Was a Creep [Soul Mash] b/w Left Ear [Greensboro
Senior High Song]
. Locust Music.

My copy of the latest Flynt arrived in the mail this week. I was looking forward to it as his music continues to surprise which explains why the cds are never far from my stereo. It's the odd synthesis of styles that appeals to me.

Recorded at a live show in 1975, the blurbs for this release propose a similarity to No Wave and yeah, I can hear it. But no Mudd Club habitué would have been prepared for the urban hillbilly square dance stomp of the flip.

The style of the music is similar to that included on the "Graduation and other new country and blues music" set. Very approachable for those interested in investigating Flynt's unique brand of Americana. Only 300 copies pressed so act quick.

I will wait patiently for the release of the full concert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page